AFCFTA Business Challenge
AFCFTA Business Challenge
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AFCFTA) is a historic agreement that aims to create a single market for goods and services in Africa, covering 1.2 billion people and a combined GDP of $3 trillion. The agreement is expected to boost intra-African trade, stimulate economic growth, and create jobs across the continent.
To help promote the AFCFTA and support African businesses in taking advantage of the opportunities it presents, we are excited to launch the AFCFTA Business Challenge. This is a competition designed to identify and support innovative and sustainable business ideas that leverage the AFCFTA to create economic and social impact.
The AFCFTA Business Challenge is open to businesses of all sizes and sectors operating in Africa. The competition will be held in multiple rounds, with the final round featuring a pitch event where finalists will present their business ideas to a panel of judges.
In each round, participants will receive feedback from our expert judges and the opportunity to refine their business ideas. The winners of the final round will receive a cash prize, as well as mentorship and networking opportunities to help them scale their businesses.
Here are some key details about the AFCFTA Business Challenge:
- Eligibility: The competition is open to businesses based in Africa. Participants must have a viable business idea that leverages the AFCFTA to create economic and social impact.
- Round 1: Participants will submit a written application outlining their business idea and how it leverages the AFCFTA. Judges will review the applications and select the top entries to move on to Round 2.
- Round 2: Participants will receive feedback on their written applications and have the opportunity to refine their business ideas. Judges will select the top entries to move on to the final round.
- Final Round: Finalists will participate in a pitch event where they will present their business ideas to a panel of judges. Winners will be selected based on the viability and impact of their business ideas.
- Prizes: The winners of the AFCFTA Business Challenge will receive a cash prize, as well as mentorship and networking opportunities to help them scale their businesses.
The AFCFTA Business Challenge is an exciting opportunity for African businesses to showcase their innovation and creativity, while contributing to the economic growth and development of the continent. We look forward to receiving your applications and seeing the transformative business ideas that emerge from this competition.